The steering committee developed the following principles to guide the institution as it develops a new approach to resource planning and allocation.
- Supports the flagship, land grant mission, vision and values of the diverse constituencies of the University in advancing its pursuit of on-going excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach and engagement.
- Facilitates investment in the operational and administrative units, essential to university and college priorities.
- Fosters innovation, collaboration and responsible fiscal stewardship through flexible incentive design.
- Allocates resources using a transparent, consistent and straightforward methodology.
- Provides accessible, predictable, accurate and timely information to promote trust across colleges, administrative and support units.