Once the ledgers are printed you can start to reconcile by looking at the first document number. If unfamiliar with the charge you can look up the document number in IRIS under FB03. In FB03 go to Extras in top header, click texts and then double-click 2nd line and look for explanation. If there is no explanation, go to first screen (Display Document) and click on the Hat icon. This will display the responsible individuals name under entered by or parked by. This person may be contacted for backup information. You can contact them by using the NETID in the people search on the UT main website. Make sure to:
- Compare departmental records with the current month’s transactions (encumbrances, charges and deposits) listed on the department’s ledgers. Ensure the correct cost center or WBS element, general ledger account, amount, and so forth, were charged.
- Verify the sponsor award amount and budget for sponsored projects. Also note the end date and ensure charges occurred within the project period.
- Ensure all transactions appearing on the ledger which are not supported by the department’s records are accurate and authorized.
- Provide the reconciled ledgers for the cost center/WBS element(s) to the department head each month.
For more Information on the Ledger
- To see an example of a Reconciled ZDept Restricted Ledger “R” click here.
- To see an example of a Reconciled ZDept Unrestricted Ledger “E” click here.
- To see an example of a Reconciled UT Ledger Unrestricted Ledger “E” click here.
- To see an example of a Reconciled UT Ledger Restricted Ledger “R” click here.
Go to IRIS, ZPR_CC_WBS_DIST (Payroll Distribution-Dist Report). For Biweekly use the pay date for the selection period from and to dates, enter cost center, execute, and expand to the level you would like and print report or attach payroll detailed check register. For Monthly use the first day of the month and the last day for the month for the selection period and then follow the directions for Biweekly above.
- 411000 – ADMINISTRATIVE SALARIES
- 412000 – FACULTY SALARIES
- 413000 – GTA, GA, GRA SALARIES
- 414000 – PROFESSIONAL/OTHER ACADEMIC SALARIES
- 415000 – SUMMER SCHOOL
- 416000 – CLER/TECH/MAINT-SALARIED
- 418000 – STUDENT EMPLOYEES
- 419000 – NON-WAGE & CONTRACTUAL PAY
For travel training through IRIS click on the included links.
Attach travel expense report
- 431000 – TRAVEL
Motor Vehicle Operations
Transportation Services will send a departmental remittance advice, if applicable call 4-1993 for a copy.
- 432000 – MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATIONS
Printing, Duplicating & Binding (Media Processing – Copier Charges)
Go to the Warehousing website and enter the account number and billing period then click submit. Or go to the A-Z index then to graphic arts printing & duplicating service and go to billing and click here. Problems or questions call Graphic Arts at 4-3122.
- 433000 – PRINTING, DUPLICATING, BINDING
- Type in the word mail in lower case for the username and password field.
- Click on Login
- Click on Postage Accounting located on the left side of the screen
- Click on Reports
- Click By Accounting Period
- Click Account
- Click on Account From dropdown and choose your account number
- Click on Account To dropdown and choose your account number
- Click on Account Period Type dropdown and choose the appropriate FY
- Click Start to choose the month and year and repeat for End dates
- Click View
- If you need to print, choose the print icon on the right side of the export button
- 435100 – POSTAGE
IT Communications Group (formerly Telephone Services):
- Go to the IT Communications departmental login
- Log in with your NetID and Password
- Select Billing (upper right hand corner). The Department Billing screen will display.
- Enter Billing Date and/or Departmental Number. If you have multiple departments and wish for all to display together, do not enter departmental number in the search criteria.
- Click Search.
A list of Billing Date links for that department will display.
- Click on the bill date that you wish to view. The Departmental Bill Summary will display.
- Click the View Report button. Your report will display.
- Select your print icon to print your bill; or save to save it to your computer.
You may also view Non-Usage and Usage charges by selecting the options from the sub-menu bar.
For questions or problems accessing your bills, please call the OIT HelpDesk at 4-9900.
- 435000 – COMMUNICATION
- 435300 – TELEPHONE
Maintenance & Repairs
Facilities Services 4-7790 will send a transfer voucher.
- 436000 – MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
Professional Services & Memberships
- 437000 – PROF SERV & MEMBERSHIPS
Computer Services Network Charges
IT Communications login (Login information is NetID and Password)
Charges should appear on OIT site. Problems or questions call the OIT HelpDesk at 4-9900
Computer Services/Network Services Monthly-Int
These items are generated charges from Admin Application & Development for reports. The code list is as follows: BB-Book Binding (Binding reports) DC-Data Control (Job submission and monitoring); LP-Line Printer (Greenbar, special forms, address labels); OP-Operator (Job preparation, monitoring and distribution); XX-Xerox Printing (Laser Print). Problems or questions call the P2 Print Service at 4-2210.
- 438000 – COMPUTER SERVICES
- 448900 – LABELS
This could be VolShop, Staples, etc.. VolShop will send a monthly statements to the department with receipts attached.
- 439000 – SUPPLIES
If you have access to Argos, look up the account. Or, when looking up document # FB03 (see above) there may be details in text.
- 443000 – AWARDS
Go to IRIS, FMRP_RFFMEP1AX (document journal) enter fund # and fiscal year/period, execute. Double click on an amount it will give you the name of the person that entered the information. See Fiscal Policy FI0210 for more detailed information on cost sharing.
- 444000 – GRANTS AND SUBSIDIES
Use Argos to print out your monthly student fees from Banner.
- 444100-STUDENT FEES
Contractual & Special Services
To get monthly statements call the Records Management Office to email or fax the documentation. Problems or questions call 4-6328 or 4-6644 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 446000 – CONTRACTUAL & SPECIAL SERVICES
- 448000 – SERVICE DEPARTMENT CREDITS
Unrestricted Revenue and Ledger Activity Revenue
Look over this section of your ledger and check off the amounts as you compare them to previous posting to ensure there are no large differences in the income or that the descriptions are consistent.
Procurement Card Charges
These charges will post in various commitment items. Verify the charges were on the individual cards and have posted correctly. The department should have reconciled and approved the procurement card charges by the 25th of the month preceding the ledger reconciliation. Fiscal Policy FI0530 documents the procurement card responsibilities.