In August 2019, Chancellor Plowman assembled a group of faculty and staff to begin redesigning our budget model.
Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor David Manderscheid and Senior Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Chris Cimino are serving as co-chairs of the steering committee. This committee will examine the university’s current approach to resource allocation and develop a set of recommendations for a new resource management, allocation and planning process. The new Budget Allocation Model will achieve the following goals:
- Align resources with strategic priorities
- Create greater transparency and accountability
- Give units more control over their own budgets
Steering committee updates will be posted to this site, and shared with Deans, faculty senate and campus fiscal officers.
A campus open forum is scheduled on January 28, 2020 from 1:30 to 3:00 in the Student Union Auditorium 180. Provost Manderscheid and Sr. VC Cimino will hold a series of open office hours at the Student Union room 260 for faculty and staff to drop in and ask questions about the Budget Allocation Model on the following dates:
- December 9, 2019 – 1:30-2:30
- December 11, 2019 – 8:00-9:00
- January 22, 2020 – 3:30-4:30
- January 29, 2020 – 11:00-12:00
Chancellor Plowman’s Memorandum
July 25, 2019